Meow's Favourite Pictures

Just a bunch of pictures, which I absolutely love, and would like to share with you ....

8.3.06


A friendly White Cockatoo, native to Australia ... in fact, they are considered a pest here, as there are just too many of them, and they are very destructive creatures. However, I think they are just gorgeous. This one was sitting on the railing of our decking at our caravan at Bonnie Doon last April 2005. Sometimes we have a dozen or more of them, just waiting for food. We try not to feed them, as this just encourages them to hang around ... sometimes it is irresistable, though !!

2 Comments:

At 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohhh! he looks so much like my Bobbi! We had a cockatoo for a pet when I was a kid. He talked to me every morning and handed me my makeup as I was getting ready for school. He was particularly fond of my dad and I and after I moved away, he became quite lonely. My parents ended up giving him to a lady who had a huge conservatory and raised parrots. I have such fond memories of our pretty bird!

 
At 5:04 AM, Blogger Geraldo said...

I got here from your comment on Sonia's blog, and I'll be back often! Australia is high in my "places I want to visit" list, and after seeing your pictures it will be even higher!
Isn't it funny how relative the values of things is? A pest there, cockatoos are sold for thousands of dollars here...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home